. Bright Meadow Farms: Planting more seeds

Sunday, March 26, 2023

Planting more seeds

 Today the temps are in the fifties and the sun is shining.   Yesterday the wind was blowing in 50 mph gusts and it was cloudy most of the day, with intermittent showers.   

There is standing water in my garden, so I won't be putting in any seeds today, but I did plant a tray of tomatoes.



My husband likes the Big Boy tomatoes
  He always tells me that I only need two plants, I just need to take better care of them.  I planted eight 4-packs, doubling up on seeds in some of the pots.

I like Early girl.  I get a surge of dopamine when I see the tomatoes starting to bear fruit.   I only planted one four 4-packs of Early Girl.  When I opened the seed package, I saw right away that it was treated seed because it was shocking pink.

Some of the seeds I planted a few weeks ago are up.   The kohlrabi. 



The alfresco salad mix


The Burpee Mesclun.  It looks pretty weak.


And finally, a tray that was unmarked.  Looks like a tomato or a pepper plant.  There was a marker labeled "pepper" on the floor so I'm going with that.

The marigolds from saved seed look like the seeds rotted.  I don't think all of my heating mats are heating properly.

I also planted an entire flat of Roma tomatoes today, 72 in all.  


Look how many seeds are left in the packet!   

I'm also planting these peppers today.


























No comments: