. Bright Meadow Farms: April Fools

Monday, April 17, 2023

April Fools

 So, it is the 17th of April.  

The daffodils were open for Easter, but some of the blossoms are starting to fade away already. The crocuses and hyacinths have come and gone.  Today I noticed that most of my tulips are blooming.  

The forsythia in my neighborhood have been blooming for a week.  Today my order for 10 forsythia bushes arrived from Jung Seeds.  This is a busy week.  I don't know when I will plant them.  Last week when the temperature was in the 70's would have been better. 

I noticed that the redbud trees are blooming today.   

The dandelions are also blooming.  My husband spritzed some of them in my flowerbed with Roundup. He also spritzed the thistles in my vegetable garden, which are getting thicker every year.  I've been hand-pulling them, but I think that just makes them multiply.  There is a reason that God cursed Adam with pulling thistles when he ejected Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden.  My husband is eyeing the violets in the lawn, but I think they are beautiful and begged him not to spray them. 

The crabapple tree outside our bedroom window has started to bud out, but most of the blossoms haven't opened yet.  


And, today it is snowing. We had the air conditioning on two days ago and today Ed's got the fireplace going.  


 




No comments: