. Bright Meadow Farms: And, 2023 begins.

Saturday, March 18, 2023

And, 2023 begins.

 I planted some seed trays yesterday.

I am going to experiment with making a photo of the seed packs in my garden log. 


Mesclun mx from Burpee
Last year's seed

Microgreens (Kohlrabi) from Ferry-Morse


I planted two packets of this arugula from Burgess Seeds.  I received this at a master-gardener's training session from the lecturer, who said that the owner of Burgess Seeds is a friend of his.  I see that it is also from 2022. 


Eggplant from Territorial.  It is also seed from last year.  I have never had any luck at all with eggplant.  This variety is supposed to be ready in 80 days.  We'll see. 


More seed received at the Master Gardener's training session.  I planted about 5 six-packs of this heirloom tomato.  The seed packet does not indicate the number of days.  I usually try to mix up 60, 70, and 80 day varieties so I have tomatoes all summer. 







I start my seed in flats under lights in my husband's garage.  When he is in the garage, it has heat and light, and when he is not, only the plant stand lights are on.  I do have heat under the flats that is on all the time during the season.  

Today I will be planting seeds I saved from an ancho supermarket pepper and tomatoes that I particularly liked.  I am aware that you can never be sure about saved seeds, especially if you did not plant the plants yourself.  Have they hybridized? I am willing to take a chance. 




No comments: