. Bright Meadow Farms: Farm Subsidies

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Farm Subsidies

I just visited the Environmental Working Group farm subsidy database (linking from the NO NAIS link, below right, and clicking my way through various links). Out of curiosity, I clicked Ohio, to see which farmers got the highest subsidies from 1995-2005. I was a little surprised to see a local farm family high on the list. They received over $4 million in subsidies over the 10-year period.

I pulled up a map to see where their farm is, exactly. That gave me QUITE a shock, as it is just around the corner, less than a mile away, from the farm where my grandmother grew up.
For all I know they are currently farming that acreage!

1 comment:

2 LMZ FARMS said...

wanted to check in on you. hope you and yours have a blessed evening.
Laura