. Bright Meadow Farms: Quandary

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Quandary

I'm in a bind. Here it is Tuesday, voting day, and I still don't know who I'm voting for. I have to get serious about doing some research! The candidates' goals are so close, so far the only difference I am seeing is their management style - Hillary seems to be a doer and Obama seems to be a delegater - but that is just an impression.

What are the candidates' positions on the National Animal Identification system (NAIS)? Do they even have a position? A quick Google search doesn't turn up much.

What will they do about the FCC? Do they have a plan or will they just let the current administration remain in place?

Neither of these questions gets much coverage on TV news. The candidates haven't addressed them in commercials. I will have to actually go to their campaign web sites to find out, I guess!

http://hillaryclinton.com/issues/rural/

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/rural/

Both candidates promote greater broadband access for rural areas. Neither page mentions NAIS. Hillary mentions strengthening access to farmer's markets. Obama talks about micro-enterprises.

1 comment:

Grand Life said...

Thanks for sharing your life with us. You sound delightful. Your so lucky to have your grandmother with you still. I'm busy trying to save my 300 tulips from friendly deer. Wish me luck