. Bright Meadow Farms: Killing frosts

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Killing frosts

We've had a few killing frosts this week, all the impatiens in the flower bed are dead, and the lettuce in the garden is ruined, although the beets are still alive. Today I will be taking up the last of the mulch blanket out of the garden and putting it away in the garage. I have a few tulip bulbs to plant, have to get them in the ground before it freezes.

There are several stables around here that have signs "Free Horse Manure" - I'd love to get a load of it to put in my compost pile, but don't have a way to haul it except to put it in a big garbage can and load in the back of my Aztek. hmmmmm......

3 comments:

Alpicks Treasures said...

Its a sign that Winder is not far behind. Hope all is well. Take Care and have a great week!

2 LMZ FARMS said...

Just checking in on you. We haven't had a frost yet but the temps are dropping. Last night we got down to 41. Yup, that was cold for us. Hope you and yours have a blessed day.'
Laura

Aunt Jo said...

Somehow, I'm afraid you wouldn't enjoy that much. Can you find somebody with a truck that would haul it for you? I'd do it if I was close enough.

We're supposed to have our first freeze this week. I need to cover my tomatoes and hope for the best.