. Bright Meadow Farms: Peach tree leaf sourdough starter

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Peach tree leaf sourdough starter

Thanks to Rebecca, who saw my plea to the reference librarian and forwarded the article. I am flummoxed, because all it says was that there would be an argument between those old "sourdough" cowboys who insist that yeast is needed for the starter, and those who would insist that peach tree leaves be used.

I am going to have to find that other cookbook with the instructions for the peach-tree-leaf sourdough. The more I thought about it, the more I remember that it was a library book and not one of my own cookbooks which mentioned it. I think it was a recipe book that concentrated on breads.

3 comments:

2 LMZ FARMS said...

Wanted to check in on you and see if you were through canning. I have been through with my garden for a while. We have had a drought so the garden dried up. Hope you and yours have a blessed evening.
Laura

Brightmeadowfarms said...

I am afraid I will be canning for a while. It was dry here, but I watered during the dry spells. I picked another two bushels of tomatoes today. I'll have to do something with them tomorrow!

Kim Campbell said...

This sounds yummy!!! Did you search the internet?