. Bright Meadow Farms: Dear Research Librarian,

Friday, August 31, 2007

Dear Research Librarian,

I am looking for a copy of a 2-page article that mentions using peach tree leaves as an ingredient in sourdough bread starter. I have one cookbook that also mentions this, which says to use crushed leaves, but found only -1- recipe online, so I am curious. The recipe online says to boil the peach leaves but it seem like that would kill any enzymes or yeasts, so I am very curious as to what this article says.

The Sourdough Biscuit Rose P. WhiteWestern Folklore, Vol. 15, No. 2, New Mexico Number (Apr., 1956), pp. 93-94doi:10.2307/1497483This article consists of 2 page(s).

It is evidently available on line in Jstor, http://www.jstor.org , but this database is not available through OPLIN, at least I couldn't get there.

I looked online at the Western Folklore society web site but didn't see any option for ordering reprints.

Here is a list of participating libraries http://www.jstor.org/about/participants_na.html#Ohio , I see Ashland University is listed, is there any way I could get a copy of this article even though I am not a student there, without having to drive to Ashland?

I am willing to pay for the cost of copying the article, and mailing it, if it cannot be emailed.

Can you help me? Thanks in advance,

Brenda

No comments: