Looked at the Wikipedia article on slow food. Didn't want to join the slow food foundation, as they would like a contribution. Found a link to the slow movement. Here are some suggestions for "the way of slow"
The Slow movement advises some ways of slowing down:
- Get a Slow hobby, a leisurely pursuit like reading, writing, knitting, yoga, painting or gardening.
- Spread out your chores; do one load each day instead of all your laundry at once, or dust one day and vacuum the next.
- Stop watching the clock; on weekends try waking up to your body's natural rhythms rather than an alarm, and leave your watch at home
- Shop at a farmers' market
- Prepare a sit-down meal and savour it without watching TV, or reading.
- Enjoy the conversation if you're dining with others, or peaceful solitude if eating alone.
- On vacation slow down; don't try to cram every sight into your must-see list. Visit "slow cities" with local restaurants where you can eat slow
- Prune your to-do list; make time for the people and activities that you enjoy
This sounds like a good list for me!