. Bright Meadow Farms

Friday, May 11, 2007

I stopped by Home Depot tonight and bought a "commercial pack" of landscape cloth staples to hold down the fabric. It is quite thick as you can see from the photo below. I am sure I will find some previously unforeseen problems with using this as I experiment with this fabric this year. For example, how am I going to plant radishes? Maybe I will cut small rectangles in the fabric for closely spaced crops. Corn might be another problem. I could cut it in strips, then plant the corn seeds between the strips. Or just leave the section of the garden with the corn uncovered. I see it working best for tomato plants and peppers. Just cut an "x" and pop the plant in the ground. Scissors do cut the fabric but I think I will also try a sharp utility knife.

1 comment:

Bee Haven Bev said...

Thanks for the message on my blog. We are going to try the landscape fabric, also, in the area of our garden where we are planting corn. Last year, that seemed to be the hardest to keep weeded. Best of luck for both of us!! Farmgirl smiles.....Bev
(Bee Haven)