. Bright Meadow Farms

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Today was entry day for the county fair. I didn't have any elderberries in the freezer, even though I thought I did, so I had to scratch the elderberry pie entry.

Other than that I entered:

1 cherry pie, 1 apple pie, 1 rhubarb pie, 1 black raspberry pie - in the pie class.

1 honey-pecan pie, 1 honey-apple loaf of quick bread, 1 plate of honey-zucchini muffins - in the class "products of the hive".

1 display of six homemade soaps in the hobbies class. (the supertintendant mentioned I was the only entry, so it won't be much of a contest.)

1 apron - machine knit - in the Aprons- other handwork category.

1 purse - machine embroidered - in the purses category.

I also scratched the black raspberry preserves and the assortment of six relishes. If I am to do those next year I had better start now, because there is NO WAY I am going to do those between mid-July, when the entries are due, and the second week of August, when the fair starts.

Judging is tomorrow on the pies, and I think on the other items as well. Oh, the suspense!

No comments: